Friday, April 8, 2016

The Belle of Belle Plaine



While not the best photograph, one can easily get the idea.

My Dad managed to capture the essence of the best person
I ever knew, Dolores Stark. 

Her husband George, was Dad's cousin.

The occasion is probably a wedding anniversary of
George & Dolores. Likely their 40th, as Dolores passed
away at age 65, in 1984. This is 1979. It is at 
St. Mark's Catholic Church in Shakopee.

Dolores loved everyone-especially George-and everyone
loved her! 

She would not fit in everyone's small box. She had uncorrected
strabismus (cross-eyes), but to me, it only added to her charm.
      
It was because of Dolores & George, that I became a cabin person.
They owned a place on Prior Lake and for 2 years (I was 6&7),
so did our family. I can still see them coming to visit us in their boat.

Always warm. Always kind. Always happy.

My Mother called her "The Belle of Belle Plaine"-
without a hint of derision.

No comments:

Post a Comment